Happy Father's Day Dad!!!!!

Isn't my Papa Bear cute? I just love him. Since today is Father's Day, I had to take a minute and to talk about my Dad! Now that I live 2500 miles away I don't get to see him as often as I like but I make sure to call whenever I can.
Today, I was thinking back to my younger years when I had to sing Daddy's Homecoming to my father in sacrament meeting. I remember at the end I had to "pat his cheeks and give him a great big KISS" just as the song says. I thought I was going to DIE! I remember being horrified that I had to kiss him in front of everyone. As you can see, I didn't die but today I do wish that I could give him that "Great big Kiss".
One thing that I have always known for sure is that my father loves me! There was never any doubt. I just want my Dad to know how much I love him. He is kind, loving, giving and I am proud to call him father. I wish I could be with him today but I hope he knows that he has been in my thoughts. I love you Papa Bear (I wonder how I came up with that name for him??? kind of corny)
I hope it was a GREAT day DAD!!!
I also want to take a minute and tell my father-in-law how much I love him. When you marry into a family you always worry about your "Instant" family. (maybe that's just me, who knows). Anyways, I never needed to worry because they are wonderful. My father-in-law is good and kind and he makes me laugh. He NEVER wants to break the rules ( I try to tell him to give it a try, he might like it but he doesn't have time. he is too busy keeping rules) Despite that he wonderful and I appreciate him.
Happy Father's Day to both of my Dad's!

2 comments:
That was such a sweet tribute, Jeanne! He totally fits the title Papa Bear and I know he loves you very very much. I love you, too!
That is so cute how you call him Papa Bear, I never knew that! I love the picture too!
Post a Comment