Fort Bliss, El Paso Texas

As many of you may know. It is official. We are moving to Texas. It has taken some time for it to sink in that we are moving from the beautiful GREEN state of Maryland that I have come to love to the very BROWN state of Texas. I almost died when we where looking at houses online and I found that none of them have grass in their yards. Only dirt. Sad.
The upside to moving to Texas is that we will only be 14 hours away from our family in Utah. Plus the housing situation is way, way better. We will only pay about $149,000 for a house in Texas that would run about $500,000 here in Maryland. Not bad I know.
Ben and I have started taking private Spanish Lessons. We are taking them from a guy in our ward that is from Mexico City. We had our first lesson last week. I think the hardest part is getting the accent down. Ben and I have been speaking (or at least trying to) speak to each other in Spanish a little everyday. I have gotten pretty good at asking for a glass a water, asking if he wants one and asking if he has fed our little kitties. Other than that we have a lot of work to do. I think the next one I need to learn is where is the bathroom( since anyone who really knows me I always have to pee). Hopefully by the time we go in February we will have a good foundation since we are in the Mexico Temple District. Yep, I think we will be the one with the translator headsets.
Well I am excited and nervous to start our new journey. Mostly I am excited to be a little closer to family and of course wherever Ben is, I will be happy.
The upside to moving to Texas is that we will only be 14 hours away from our family in Utah. Plus the housing situation is way, way better. We will only pay about $149,000 for a house in Texas that would run about $500,000 here in Maryland. Not bad I know.
Ben and I have started taking private Spanish Lessons. We are taking them from a guy in our ward that is from Mexico City. We had our first lesson last week. I think the hardest part is getting the accent down. Ben and I have been speaking (or at least trying to) speak to each other in Spanish a little everyday. I have gotten pretty good at asking for a glass a water, asking if he wants one and asking if he has fed our little kitties. Other than that we have a lot of work to do. I think the next one I need to learn is where is the bathroom( since anyone who really knows me I always have to pee). Hopefully by the time we go in February we will have a good foundation since we are in the Mexico Temple District. Yep, I think we will be the one with the translator headsets.
Well I am excited and nervous to start our new journey. Mostly I am excited to be a little closer to family and of course wherever Ben is, I will be happy.

2 comments:
OH Jeanne, sniff sniff, I don't like it one bit! It still has not sunk in even a little bit, I am totally in denial and numb right now, I will be a wreck when it does though! You are so cute with your little Spanish, it cracks me up whenever you speak it!
Donde esta el bano? would be the way you ask where the bathroom is. Unfortunately I don't have the correct Spanish accent marks for some of the words but there you have it. We'll speak more Spanish next time we talk.
Post a Comment