So getting our tickets was a little adventure. More so for my friend Tracie than anyone else but I went on a little roller coaster ride myself. We had tried to get the tickets early on a sale privilege of American Express. We had a little miscommunication on the day they went on sale so we ended up being a day late and a dollar short. But no worries because we would just buy them today at noon with the rest of the pubic. Tracie, being as responsible as she is was right on her computer at noon to buy tickets. She had all four tickets ready to check out and unfortunately her computer was not in the mood to shop. It timed out and she had to restart her computer. 4 minutes later her computer was up and running and she was ready to get the tickets but they were no longer available. Sad. She tried and tried but with no success. She called to let me know the bad news. I was so disappointed but I could tell she was even more upset so I just tried to cheer her up (unsuccessfully) and let her go. I was so bummed that I tried to go online and see if I could maybe get them but I had the same problem. About 10 minutes later she called me back to let me know that her husband
Had got on line to see what he could do. He kept trying and finally it let him buy 4 tickets. We are so happy he didn't give up. He made 4 women VERY, VERY Happy. We are so excited for our New York Adventure and we are happy to get a chance to see one of our favorite authors.
The BEST part of the story was that when all was said and done, I called my best friend Sommer to tell her the story since she is coming too and has been very excited. The only thing was.... I told it to her in parts. I started off by telling her we had to go "easy" on Tracie since she was very upset she couldn't get the tickets. Sommer was so upset. (she isn't good at hiding her emotions). I proceeded to tell her the story of what happened and I left out the part that she called me back 10 minutes later to tell me she got them till the end. Good thing Sommer has a sense of humor. She did call me a jerk but did so while laughing so I took it as a good sign. Sorry Sommer for the trick. I just wanted you to join me on my roller coaster ride! I love you!!!
Also, a BIG BIG Thanks to you Dave! I owe you a Slurpee.



5 comments:
Weeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited!
hee hee hee I love you Jeanne Jo! I'm still mad at you though =) I was soooo sad, poor Tracie though and she is amazing for going through all that for us, and Dave certainly is my new hero for sure! Everytime I think about it I squeal and get so giddy and just can't stop smiling. I can't wait!!! We are going to have a blast and it's only fitting to go with the one who got us all into this book...tracie! I love you guys!
Kim will be soooo jealous. Two of her favorite things - Stephenie Meyer and New York.
Oh, I'm so jealous! I just barely missed her signing in Salt Lake cuz we had just moved, and of course she's not coming here now! I am still on a waiting list for The Host at the library cuz I don't really want to buy it until I know if I love it or not, but that's good to hear that you really liked it. I have Breaking Dawn coming to my house from Amazon the day it's released, though, and I can't wait to finish up the series! I hope you girls have so much fun!!!
I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun!
Post a Comment