Saturday, June 7, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Happy Memorial Day!



Since I now have a husband serving in the Military, holidays such as today mean so much more. I really try to take time out to think about all of our service men who have fought for our freedom and for those that are currently serving. I also hold a special place in my heart for their families and all the sacrifice that they make so that their loved ones may serve. I hope we will all take a moment to remember those that have died serving and pray for those that currently are in service.
Ben preformed today at a special service held at Aberdeen Proving Ground. I am always so proud to stand next to him when he is in uniform. (who am I kidding...I am always proud to stand next to him)
After his performance he met me at our ward picnic that just happened to be held on the Army Base. It is right on Chesapeake Bay. Isn't it beautiful?
Me and my dear friend Kara.
Some of our friends preparing for the 3 legged race. Everyone was having a great time at the picnic.

The kids especially loved the egg tossed.
And the men loved the basketball.
Later that day Ben and I played some softball at the park with some friends from the ward.
Ben loved to hit the ball low and fast!
Here are the kids at the ballpark striking a pose for everyone. All in all we had a wonderful day and I love it when Ben has the day off and we are able to spend time together.



1 comment:

Sommer said...

I love the picture of you and Ben together, it was a fun little picnic and such a good turn out!