Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Glenn Beck!

I was so excited when I found out we had the opportunity to go and see Glenn Beck Live! Ben and I love him and it was so fun to go see his show.

It took about 1 1/2 hours to get to the show. The journey certainly was not boring and did not disappoint. First, there was quite a storm on our way through PA. Our surroundings were like a scene from the movie Twister. You know...the calm before the storm. The winds were high , blowing debris everywhere and we saw quite the Thunderstorm from the car. Good thing Ben is a cautious driver. Luckily the storm died down the more we drove through PA.

Second, as usual Map Quest was challenged in giving proper directions. If it was even a little bit close I might understand but we are talking 3 miles out of the way in the wrong direction. We were finally able to find it and ended up being 15 minutes late. Better late than never I guess.

Glenn did not disappoint! It was a great show. One thing he said is still making me laugh today. He posed the question, When was the last time you bought a ticket to see a show and it cost you less than the gas to get here. Sad thing....he was pretty close to right. Anyway, we all had a great time.

It made me so happy when in the middle of the show I looked over at my hubby and saw the biggest smile on his face. He was having the time of his life and that makes me smile.


Me and my friend Tracie.

One of the things I love about Tracie is that she and I share the love of a good debate, politics and a good book. Once at a all women event I asked Tracie if she saw Glenn Beck the previous night and we starting discussing some of the topics. I just laughed because the looks on the faces of the other women were really funny. They just looked at us like WHAT? Now I know, not everyone is like that but it is GREAT to have a friend to discuss world topics with and not have to always agree. Sometimes she really makes me think and I appreciate that. Thank goodness for great friends.

I love leaving shows like his because I always feel inspired. It was a great reminder of how lucky we are to be AMERICANS and only in America can we dream anything we chose and have the ability to do it if we just try. It truly is up to us.
THANKS GLENN for a great show!!!!

2 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

It was SUCH fun!!! Thanks for driving, Ben...especially through that storm. I had such a great time with you guys!

Sommer said...

I can tell you guys had fun you are all smiling the most genuine smiles and you look sooooo happy.