So here is where we begin our BIG day in DC. Union Station. We thought it would be easier to take the train into DC then deal with the oh so lovely DC traffic. I must say the the architecture in DC is absolutely stunning. Built by our forefathers . I just love this country!
The Library of Congress. Any kind of Library and I am in heaven. In fact I hope heaven includes books. If not, I sure will miss them.
I know, I know, so many pictures of the Capitol. It is just such a beautiful building and the shots are never ending. So many angles, different views. I just couldn't help myself.
The White House. For those of you who have never been to the White House. It is insane. Talk about a traffic jam of people. Roads closed every direction. It is even confusing for a pedestrian. Walk this way, don't walk that way, road closed. Seriously.
Ever hear the primary song of the pioneers? It goes something like this. Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked. Yep, that's what we did all day. Except by this time of day there was no singing just crying as I walked and walked and walked and walked and walked. By the time we reached the White house I just wanted to steal this little cart. For some reason the people I was with didn't think it was a good idea. Sad for my feet.
In our many trips to DC this was the first time I had been to the Old Post Office. The building is AMAZING. We took a tour of the tower and it is a beautiful view of all of DC. It also came in real handy because Ben and Stephen wanted us to walk from there to the train station. After Muriel and I were able to count the 10 blocks to the station we were able to make a swift executive decision and let the boys know they were CRAZY if they thought that was going to happen. Thank heavens for modern day life and the light rail. Those 10 blocks flew by as I sat on a nice soft seat.
Of course Stephen and Muriel had to get some souvenirs to take home and Ben and I couldn't resist trying on these lovely hats. They looked so good we HAD to take a picture. Don't you wish you had a hat like this? It can be yours for just $39.99. Isn't that ridiculous? We thought so, that's why all we have is the picture.

4 comments:
It is so awesome that you have the opportunity to visit so many neat places. Great job on the pictures...they look amazing!
ALSO...I LOVE your new blog header!! I really love the changes you've made. It looks great! :)
Miss you Jeanne-Jo!! :)
What beautiful photos of my birthplace : - ). It is tiring isnt it touring all around. I hope you and Ben get to see as much as you can before you head outta of there. The post office pavillion is one of my favorite spots, love the food & shops. The archives is really cool and unique to visit as well. Thanks for sharing your great photos!!
I love DC! I wish we could come see it with you before you move b/c Joseph's never been there. Looks like you had an awesome time even if you had to sacrifice your feet. :(
Boy do I feel your pain about the walking, and walking, and walking...
We did DC when I was 6 months pregnant. I made Jon stop every block on the way back to the station because I COULD NOT keep going.
But isn't DC fabulous? I can't decide if I like it or Chicago more...
Post a Comment