Monday, October 20, 2008

Annoucing College Graduate Benjamin J. Lawyer!


Hip, Hip, Horahy! Yipee! Finally! It's about time. Hallulujuh! Thank Heaven! It's Finished! He did it! Ben is an offical graduate of Thomas Edison State College.

Ben and Wendy. Ben was able to graduate with one of his fellow bandmates. It was fun to see them in their graduation robes and to be able to share such a big milestone together. Wendy's husband is on deployment in Iraq and I know it meant a lot to be able to share her special day with others. Luckily she was able to have her son Lucas with her if not her hubby.

I think this is one of my new favorite pictures of Ben and I. Those are our authentic, big cheesy, truly happy smiles. It was such a wonderful day and time to spend together.

We were so blessed and grateful to have Ben's brother Stephen and his wife Muriel here to share such a special time with us. They flew all the way from Utah to be with us and represent the Lawyer Family. We LOVED spending time with them and we were feeling a little spoiled having family with us. We usually celebrate any big milestones with friends since family lives so far. So it was a real treat. Ben's parents really wanted to be there but weren't able to make it but we felt their spirit with us all day.

Ben and some of his Band Posse.

I have to give a big shout out to my sister-in-law Muriel. She stayed up late the night before(after sightseeing all day) and helped me bake and get ready for the big Graduation Party the next day. Then she was my life saver that night slaving away in the kitchen. You are the best Muriel. Also, thanks to the many other friends like Nicole and Catherine for rescuing me that day and all you did to help. I have the BEST friends. I am one lucky girl.

After graduate Ben took of the graduation robe. Kung Fu Ben made an apperance. Scary!


Us with some of our dearest friends. Like I said...I have the BEST friends.

The party was great. We had lots of food and were able to roast some marshmellows. Thanks to the Dumonts for letting us borrow their firepit. Now I am going to have to buy my own it was so fun.

Congratulations Ben. As always you make me proud and I just love you more and more everyday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day!

Ashley said...

Those marshmellows look good! I'm so jealous and hungry! Congrats again to Ben! I also like the cute "cheesy" picture of the two of you. I decided that since you have so many good friends here, you're not allowed to move!

The Pierce Family said...

Way to go, Ben! The party was so much fun.

Sommer said...

Good job Ben!!!

HeavenlyHome said...

That was a fabulous occasion! I love your new favorite picture of you and Ben, too! We are so glad we could share a little of the joy!