Thursday, October 16, 2008

Inner Harbor and Mount Vernon

My brother-in-law Stephen and my sister-in-law Muriel came out to spend some time with us and go to Ben's graduation. It was so great to see them and get to know them better. Ben has a family of 9 and we have lived away from all of our married life so I treasure any time I am able to spend with them. They are all so wonderful and it was nice to be able to do some sight seeing with them.

They arrived last Thursday and we spent the evening at Inner Harbor in Baltimore. We walked around and had some dinner. It was a great time.







The Inner Harbor has some great places for pictures.



Friday we decided to do some more sight seeing with Stephen and Muriel. I have really been wanting to go to Mount Vernon since we have lived here so I am glad we were finally able to go.

This begins our Mount Vernon tour. I know there are a lot of pictures but I just couldn't help myself. It was so beautiful. My fingers just kept snapping away the photos. I hope you enjoy.





Just a quick note, this Tree is a Tulip Poplar that was planted in 1785 by George Washington himself. It was amazing to me how well preserved Mount Vernon is. What an amazing piece of history that we can see today with our own eyes. To think I stood where George Washington once did was an awesome feeling.


















George Washington's Tomb



Finally, no more pictures and George Washington's final resting place. We had such a great time visiting Mount Vernon. This was George Washington's beloved home. It is an amazing piece of history and if you ever have the chance I recommend going.

1 comment:

Sommer said...

wow those are some great pics Jeanne!