As a child I can remembering loving music. I loved singing, dancing and playing all kinds of music. I remember falling in love with Barry Manilow as my mother played his eight track (yes, I am that old) over and over again. I also knew that when I heard Barry it was time for a good house cleaning. Anyway, as I grew into my young adult years I remember my mother always said she could tell what kind of mood I was in when I began playing the piano. This was determined by how hard I hit the keys but if I was hitting hard when I started I was always calm and relaxed by the end. I have always been amazed at how quickly music can bring the spirit, change a mood (good or bad depending on what you are listening to) and touch the heart.
These thoughts came to me today as I was editing some pictures. 2 of them were of my husband and my niece. I think I had mentioned before how when we were in Utah my husband played his bassoon for us.
Gracie was in awe. As soon as the first notes came out of the bassoon. Nothing else existed except her, her uncle and the music.
These thoughts came to me today as I was editing some pictures. 2 of them were of my husband and my niece. I think I had mentioned before how when we were in Utah my husband played his bassoon for us.
As I was editing the picture above my heart was touched for many reasons. One, as I watch my husband share his love for music, I see the lives he touches. As I watch him take time with our niece to show her "his instrument" (and his pride and joy besides me, of course). I think of his concerts with the Army Band. All the different venues he plays. All the different people that come and I still stand amazed that no matter what race, religion, or political view one may have they sit and listen intently as the music touches them, it unites them. Music can arouse so many emotions. Especially as they play patriotic songs, I see their pride, joy and love of their country written all over their faces.
No matter your age. Young and old. Music is all around us. It is such a big part of our lives. Especially mine. I am just so grateful that Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gave us ears to hear and the beautiful music to enjoy.

3 comments:
What an inspiring and sweet post.
The picture is so cute! I liked how sentimental everything is. You definitely have a talent. Tim and I can't wait to pick out the pictures of Bennett! I was flipping out over the slideshow! Let us know when your ready!
I didn't know you played the piano. You've been holding out on us.
Post a Comment