So Last week the US Army Materiel Command Band had a luncheon for Hispanic American Heritage Month. Band members and their families enjoyed a wonderful pot luck. Usually I hate pot lucks but this one turned out really well. All different types of Mexican food. It was wonderful.
I always enjoy spending time with Ben and I love to see him in his work environment where he excels. The unit has had a lot of new members over the last several months so it is always nice to get together and have a great time while we get to know other families in the band unit.
After lunch they had a pinata for the kids. They had fun trying to break it open. It made for some great pictures.

This is Lucas. He really wanted to break open that pinata because he knew what was inside. He wanted his candy. After several attempts and no success one of the adults suggested letting one of the big guys try to break it open. Lucas was in agreement as he walked right up to Ben and said "here you go big guy", break it open. It was really cute.
.
Hooray for Ben! He quickly broke it open and the everyone enjoyed the candy. Especially the kids. As Lucas was walking back into the building with all his yummy candy someone asked him who finally broke open the pinata. Lucas replied, "the big guy did".

This is my favorite picture of all because this is Ben's Band Commander on the floor with Thomas. Why is that a big deal you say? Because that is not " typical" behavior for a Commander in the US Army. The Armed Forces are all about their position and rank so the fact that his Commander is so down to earth is a breath of fresh air. He is a good man who loves family, children and the Lord. What more could you ask for? It is not the norm to have such a commander but we feel blessed that Ben's is such a wonderful leader.
The Commander at our next duty station just left this Band Unit and has worked closely with Ben. He is moving to El Paso, TX this week. He is also a wonderful man and we had a great time chatting with him at the luncheon. We feel the lord is really looking out for us. A Commander makes or breaks a unit and we are truly blessed that Lord has sent us 2 in a row that are honorable and good men. We have many reasons to count our blessings. When is the last time you counted yours?


4 comments:
Hey Jeanne, great pictures, I love the one with Thomas and the lolipop. You're crazy, I LOVE potlucks, lots of different yummy food. You jsut have to get there early before all the food gets yucky from sitting out long.
I love that picture of you and Ben...it's such a good one of both of you!!
You guys looks so happy...it's sickening! I kid, I kid.
Speaking of kids, those pinata pics are adorable.
Love you guys!
oh my gosh! I was going to say exactly the same thing Sommer said. Frightening! Well, I'll say it anyway! I loved the black and white picture of Thomas with the lollipop. Whose going to take Bennett's pictures when you move? You're not allowed to leave us! By the way... how can you pass up a good putluck?????? YUM!!!!! Where the food is you will find the Bushey girls (Sommer and me).
Post a Comment