Sunday, August 17, 2008

Utah Vacation

I have received many calls and emails asking for an update on our blog! What happened you wonder? Well...I just got lazy and took an extended vacation. So much happened in Utah I didn't really know where to start so I decided to tell you about some of my favorite highlights.

First and foremost I loved spending 2 whole weeks with my husband. Things have been so busy for us it was nice to take a time out and just enjoy being together.

Mountains, Oh how I miss the beautiful mountains. They claim to have some here in Maryland but really there is no comparison. Ben and I enjoyed taking a trip in American Fork Canyon a few times and going on the Alpine Loop to enjoy a hike at Cascade Springs. We had a great time taking pictures. Ben has quite the eye for landscape pictures, I had better watch out or he is going to give me a run for my money for family photographer. However the beautiful picture above is my crafty work.


Family, Oh how wonderful it is to see our family. We had a great BBQ with my family and enjoyed being together. We also had a great time at the Lawyer Family Reunion (more to come on that). We haven't had a family picture in a while so it was nice to finally get one.


My Friend Tobi got married while I was there. I was privileged enough to be her photographer. It wasn't really hard because she was such a beautiful bride. Don't you agree? Her husband Mark is wonderful and Ben and I enjoyed spending some time with them. We wish them all the happiness in the world. Congrats Tobi, I love you!

I enjoyed catching up with old friends. That has been one of the hardest things from me is being away from so many people I love. Ben and I got to go to see Keely's new house and baby, Ziff. He is so cute! Well, so is the rest of the family but Ziff is the cutest. I am sure they would all agree.

One of my best pals Laurie. We enjoyed dinner with her and my family the night we left. Thankfully she took us to the airport and Ben was very patient as we kind of ignored him as we talked away and caught up on life.

We were able to meet Mark and his family. Mark served his mission here in The Baltimore Maryland Mission. It was so great to catch up with him and many other friends that we miss so much!

This is Gracie. My new little obsession. Isn't she cute? She is my little niece and we had so much fun staying with her. Thanks James and Katie for such a wonderful place to stay and great company.

I was able to catch a cute moment of Gracie playing with her shadow. She was quite involved with her little discovery.

As much as Gracie liked me, her heart belonged to Ben. Her and every other child just love him. This is my FAVORITE picture. Ben got the bassoon out to play for us and Gracie was just in love. She was in awe at this instrument and the beautiful sound it made. As you can see from this picture she just loved it. I remember the next time Gracie saw Ben after he played, she sat on the floor and started acting as if she was leading music so he would play. What can I say, It was adorable!

Of course we had to get a picture with our favorite little sweetheart before we left. She was so fun to see every morning. (you weren't bad either James and Katie). She always had a big smile and a Hi ready for us.

All in all the vacation was wonderful. Busy, busy, busy but well worth it. I think we have fully recovered. Just in time for me to head to Jamaica for a little R&R without my hubby. Pictures for that will be sure to come.

LOVE YOU ALL!

3 comments:

Becky J. said...

Tobi does look beautiful! I'm so sad I didn't get to be there for her wedding! I'm glad you were, though. And how sad that we didn't get to see you while you were in Utah. Looks like you had a great time there.

And Jamaica? Who are you going there with? Have fun!

Kim said...

LOVE the new layout; it's terrific.

LOVE the pictures; you two are adorable.

SAD that we didn't get to visit more; boo hoo.

Keely said...

I had so much fun visiting with you while you were here in Utah! Thank you for fitting me in your very tight schedule. I wish you were closer...so I could see you more often :( LOVE YA!!!