So, on August 30,1978 a little before 1pm my life changed forever. I would now have to share my life and my parents (who I had dominated for the the last 4 years) with a beautiful, wonderful baby brother. Please keep in mind that from that time forward I called him my baby and I was his "Sissy". To this day we still have pet names. We never refer to each other by name. I call him brother and he calls me sister. Hmm....Where did that come from? Ben often jokes, When we have a baby will he be called Uncle HG or Uncle Brother. (I haven't decided yet)
Living so far away I am not able to spend the day with him so this is my way of telling him just how much I love him. My brother is kind, loving, very funny and he always is so generous with me.(except for food, he is weird that way and trust me don't ever eat his ice cream....it is a serious offense) He buys me things I can't afford and is always making me feel loved and special. My favorite thing is when he calls to say HI. That ever familiar voice that says hey sister, why don't you ever answer your phone makes me laugh every time.
This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my bro. The story behind it makes me laugh every single time. As siblings often do, HG and I used to hit each other. HG however had this habit of hitting me and running. This day was no exception to that rule. He hit me and took off running and the next thing I knew he was doing a SUPERMAN across the asphalt. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I guess what they say is true. What goes around comes around. Now what I want to point out is.... notice what a good sister I am. Helping him with his ouchie. Now that is love my friends.HG and I can fight like cats and dogs but when it really comes down to it we are always there for each other. Brother, I love you more than anything in this world. Always remember who you are. Always remember who has got your back and always remember I would do anything for you. Thank you for being who you are and a wonderful brother. I wish I could be with you today but know that you have been on my mind. I love you and I miss you.
Happy BIG 30!!!

4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HG!! I hope it was a wonderful day :)
That was a CUTE post! Happy Birthday HG!
I love you sister...you are always there when I need you...Thank you for all the good times over the years and I will try to forget the bad ones...SMOOCHES!!!
Hey, we're only a couple months apart in age! The big 3-0 is so scary to me! I hope he had a great day, though.
Post a Comment