Happy 4th of July!

Since Ben as been serving in the US Army the 4th of July is always a busy holiday. The festivities and concerts usually last 3 or more days. So when most people are taking their family vacations we are celebrating our Country's Birthday.
I am always bursting with pride when I see my husband dressed in his uniform playing patriotic music. I am so proud of him. His talent, his hard work and his willingness to serve our country. I am grateful to all the men and women and their families who are currently serving in the Armed Forces. They sacrifice so much for our freedom. For that I am thankful.
Every year The Army Band plays in the Havre de Grace Parade in Harford County. When Ben marches he plays the sax. The band looked great and my heart was full as they marched down the street and people rose to their feet to salute and clap for our soldiers.
After the parade the Command Sgt. Major presented the band members with a special coin for a job well done.
All in all the day was wonderful. The night before we were able to attend another one of Ben's concerts that they do every year. I was quite surprised this year though. The Band always sounds great but they sounded especially wonderful this night. I am always in for a treat when I hear them play. They seem to get better and better.
Check out our slide show below. They are a combination of pictures from our 4th of July weekend.

5 comments:
What a wonderful place to be on the 4th of July. Looks like you had a fantastic celebration!
We are excited to see you next week!
Sorry we missed Ben in the concerts. Looks like you guys had a great weekend!
Ben those are some sweet bowling moves. you should bring the WII and WII can play it in the theater
James
What a fun, patriotic 4th you always get to have! I love that holiday, too, especially now! Thanks for serving our country, Ben!
how fun! I love this time of year, so fun! I loved the glow stick you brought, it was so fun getting all decked out and I still had a wonderful time despite the adventure trying to get there =)
Post a Comment