So Ben and I went with our adoptive Nephews to the Lake this week. We had such a great time. It was a perfect ending to a great day. We couldn't have asked for more as far as the weather goes. It has been hot, hot, hot and humid here in Baltimore. It cooled down just enough to have an enjoyable night. The water was like warm bath water. We enjoyed a little picnic and then swam with the kids as they splashed and kicked in the water.
The kids and I really enjoyed playing ring around the rosie in the water. They were squealing so much that it just made me laugh.
The kids were fine in the water as long as we were "holding them" Brandon wasn't brave enough to do it on his own. Little Nate would have taken off by himself (he thinks he is such a big boy like his brother) but the fact that he can't swim made me a little reluctant. :)
The wind started to pick up after we got out of the water. Brandon was not at all happy. I am sure you can tell by the look on his face. The only thing that would make him happy or laugh was Uncle Ben.
Brandon just LOVES Ben. Last Sunday Ben bore his testimony in sacrament meeting. Brandon saw him and just lit up as he kept saying B. (that's his nickname for Ben) Isn't that cute?



2 comments:
ok that picture of you and Ben is just beyond beautiful, you need to frame it because you guys are such a dang beautiful couple together! I sure love that you and Ben are my boys "Aunt" and "Uncle". We love you guys so much and I'm going to miss you those three days that you'll be gone before I leave, sniff sniff. I got some good stuff to make dinner for us though tomorrow night. Can't wait!
That looks like it was so much fun! I love lake swimming!
And I just started The Host so I'm curious if I'll like it as much as you did. I'm over 150 pages into it and it's just now starting to get interesting. My sis-in-law Abby quit after 250 pages, but my sister Julie read it all and liked it.
Post a Comment