So here is a little taste of our garden at home. Strange thing to do a post on? Maybe...but I just love how hard Ben works to make it look so beautiful. Everyday that I walk outside it makes me happy to see all the beautiful colors and flowers. Plus one of Ben's favorite things to do is cut fresh flowers and put them in a vase and wake me up in the morning to give them to me. What a way to start the day!
I LOVE this sunflower because it came to be by birdseed. We always have food out for the birds but we have some pesky little squirrels that come and knock the food all over the ground. Entertaining to watch as they are hanging for their dear life from the bird feeder but a little expensive. Anyway....during one of the squirrels adventures they knocked some seed on the ground and from that started this little flower. Of course Ben loves a challenge and wanted to see how big it would get so he transplanted the flower and watched it grow.
This is what the flower became. It was so beautiful until.....those pesky little squirrels stripped the bark off the stem and it started to die. We got a good picture of it before Ben decided to lay it to rest last week. It was quite dramatic. As my neighbor and I stood there admiring the garden Ben just came and ripped it out. How RUDE!!! Oh well Ben enjoys a little of the dramatic flare. Why do you think he married me?
I love this flower! Ben bought it for me last year for my birthday and now this year it is more than triple in size. I have loved to see it grow. The colors are so vibrant!
NOW STOP AND ENJOY THE ROSES!

3 comments:
I think I am still in shock from Ben pulling the sunflower out of the ground the way he did!
I guess we all (the Lawyers) have the gardening gene in us.
We should have Ben come do our landscaping. I hate working in the yard.
Post a Comment