Monday, August 17, 2009

Today we had a hard day saying goodbye to our sweet Lucky Lou. It was very unexpected but due to old age and kidney failure it was his time to go.

One of Lucky's favorite things in this world next to food was Ben. Anytime Ben sat on the couch Lucky was right there begging Ben to pick him up and love him. Funny thing is Lucky was supposed to be my dog. Ben said he didn't really want Lucky and didn't care which dog I chose. Well he may not have chose Lucky but he chose Ben. They soon became best friends and Ben was the only one Lucky would sit and cuddle with.



Lucky's other favorite past time was fighting with Nala over the spot in front of the window so that they could bask in the sun. Sometimes they would both give in and share but usually it was a battle of wills.

As you can see, Lucky loved to sleep and eat. Typical man.

We love our animals very much and Lucky will be missed greatly. The house already seems empty without him. However, for the first time in 4 years we ate in peace.
We love you and will miss you very much!


4 comments:

Sommer said...

Jeanne I am so so sorry for your loss. He will be very missed, and I'm glad that he had you and Ben in his life, so he could have a good rest of his life.

HeavenlyHome said...

So happy to see you post, but sad for your news. LIfe is just hard sometimes! I promise, it does get better! We love you!

Ashley said...

Okay, that makes me cry! I'm sorry about everything. I truly believe that you'll see him someday. He had a good life with you and Ben.

Becky J. said...

I'm so sorry! I know how much you love your animals. I can't believe Miss Priss is still with you! They're lucky creatures to have you as their Mama, that's for sure! Love ya!