Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did! Since living in Maryland it has been nice to have some family around for the Holidays. We have been blessed to spend the last three Thanksgivings with Ben's Uncle Phil and Aunt Joyce. They live about an hour away so the drive is not bad.

Phil, Joyce, Jeanne & Ben


This year Juliet, Phil & Joyce's daughter and family came to visit from Missouri.


Juliet's husband, Mark and his boys.


Our friends and neighbors Nicole and Josh also joined us.


One thing I love about Phil and Joyce's is that we always play games. Speed Scrabble to be exact. I LOVE it! If you have never played, ask us how. We would LOVE to show you. I am usually pretty good but Phil has become the master of 2 letter words since the last time we played.


Gratitude is certainly what my heart was full of. So many things to be grateful for:

A wonderful husband
Family
Friends
Our health
Ben's job
My animals
My faith

What more could a girl ask for?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I was wondering if you were able to go home for Thanksgiving or not! I'm glad you had a nice time. It looks like you had fun!

Becky J. said...

You ARE a lucky girl! And we LOVE speed scrabble, too! Did we ever play together? I can't remember. That's one of our favorites. (And I need some more good 2-letter words. I'll give you my best "q" word if you give me one back. It's "qat"--doesn't require a "u" after it! Awesome, huh!) Glad you had a good holiday! Love ya!

HeavenlyHome said...

Much better post...now I don't feel so melancholy!
I know I'm a weirdo, but I love how you and Ben are wearing coordinating outfits...It is so cute!
I'm going to miss you, my friend...

Sommer said...

I was gonna say the same thing about your outfits, very festive! Your aunt and uncle seem very sweet and generous. Sounds like the perfect day!