Tonight I went online to do my Thanksgiving Post. First, I decided to check out the news for the day. I also wanted to see when the term "Black Friday" began. Anyway, I was horrified at what I found....A man working for Walmart was killed today as he was trampled by hundreds of people "getting deals". It was reported shoppers refused to leave the store after they tried to close it for investigators to do their job. They stood in line and wanted to get their purchases. Are you kidding? Then there were 2 people killed after a shooting in Toys R Us. Thankfully it was the two gunman and no one else was hurt.....So I have come up with my own reason for the term "Black Friday". Could it maybe be because of the death we now see as we rush out early in the morning to get that "SPECIAL" deal?
In light of today's news, I think I will skip any "SPECIAL" deals the day after Thanksgiving. I really value my life a little more than saving a little money. Seriously, what is this world coming to?
Listening to the news this evening has made me grateful that Ben and I have decided for ourselves that we would focus on the true meaning of Christmas this year. We are only doing one gift and then we are going to spend our time and resources serving others. Just as the Christ did.
Living in America...we are truly spoiled. It is my prayer that we all take a little extra time this Holiday Season to remember what it is about. I know that many of us already do it is just always nice to be reminded. At least for me.
So...thanks for listening to my rampage. I just was truly blown away when I saw the news. I think I will do my Thanksgiving post tomorrow when I feel a little happier and a little less disgusted.
Goodnight Everyone!
Elijah turns Six
1 week ago

3 comments:
Looking forward to your thanksgiving post...I need some holiday cheer after reading this one...yipes! I guess we're still waiting for "peace on earth, good will toward men"...
That is really disgusting and sad! I'm blown away by that too!
I seriously felt sick in my stomach when I heard about that! I can't believe that people would be so selfish to not even care about someone else like that!
Post a Comment