Sunday was such a WONDERFUL day in the Lawyer house. Ben happily let me play Christmas music (he has been protesting the month of November) and we made Christmas cookies for some friends to help get us in the Christmas Spirit. It was a success! We had a great time! I always love cooking in the kitchen with my honey.
Do you see the flour all over his face? He was working hard or was it hardly working? I'm not sure. You be the judge.
See how good I am at putting the cookies in the oven. That is the safest thing for me to do. If you didn't already know....I am a great cook but not the best baker. Especially cookies. That would be Ben's thing. So he made and cut the cookies and I put them in the oven.
Ummm. Look at that yummy frosting. It was pretty good even if I have to say so myself.
The finished product. Aren't they pretty. Although, don't you hate how when you use food coloring the Red ALWAYS looks pink? Anyone know how to fix that?
Ben and I celebrating our first Christmas cookies of the season. When were were through we took some to our friends. The Crowe Family. It is Lenae's birthday today. Happy Birthday Lenae!
We also visited the Washburn Family. We went at the perfect time. They were singing Christmas carols and of course we had to join in. Silver Bells never sounded better. The Washburn Family can sing.
It is so fun to have good friends to make cookies for. Who knows....maybe you'll be next.
We also visited the Washburn Family. We went at the perfect time. They were singing Christmas carols and of course we had to join in. Silver Bells never sounded better. The Washburn Family can sing.
It is so fun to have good friends to make cookies for. Who knows....maybe you'll be next.

4 comments:
You guys are so cute...seriously!! I wish you were my next door neighbor, we'd have so much fun!
I'm so glad you'll be moving closer soon..
I miss you :(
Don't move...don't move...
Silver Bells won't be the same without you!
I love Christmas!!!!!
Such cute pictures, you guys look like you were having a blast!
Those cookies look oh so yummy! Red IS really hard to get. You either have to buy it pre-made like at Michaels, or this is what I learned in my cake class (though I've never actually tried it myself, so I hope it's right!) You're supposed to make it as pink as you can, then let it sit over night because red ages well and turns darker the longer it sits. Then put more red in the next day and it's supposed to be pretty close to red. But the only surefire way to get really red is to buy it that way pre-made, which is a pain, I know.
Post a Comment