Monday, May 19, 2008

So as I have mentioned before, My husband Ben is quite the gardener. He got a little frustrated last year because we have a big tree in our backyard that likes to shade the plants. None of the plants were getting enough sun and a lot of them died. So he got an idea in his head to build a planter box. When he mentioned this to me, I said sure no big deal. I was thinking about a small box but then he began to build and build and build.....

As you can see....There is nothing small about this box.
He worked and worked....
and enjoyed every minute he did it....
as you can see on the inside, it was very thought out. The sides are even slanted and there is a drain in the middle.
Ben loves his Full Throttle Slurpees. He needed one to help him finish the job. Isn't he handsome with his blue tongue?
Here is the finished project. Good thing I know he loves me or I might be a little jealous of this planter box.


The box holds over 1200 lbs of dirt. There is nothing small about this box. Let's just hope it with holds the dirt and doesn't end up broken. Wish us luck!



4 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Wow! I am really impressed. It turned out just fabulous!

Sommer said...

yeah, that is really impressive with the drain and everything, he did a great job. good job Ben!

klovesliberty said...

Oh, Ben, you're such a hottie! I love the blue tongue. And nice job on the big elevated sand box, or was it a dirt box, or a vegetable box?

Unknown said...

I love it! Thank you for sharing this. --Dad