Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday, May 18, 2008 Happy Birthday to me AGAIN!

So on Sunday after church, we had some of our closest friends over for dinner. It is so fun to have a birthday because it is a good excuse to get everyone together. However, David and Tracie were going to come for dinner but they had sick kids. We want them to know how much we missed them. Although we still had a great time.

Ben is a real trooper as always. He was out in the rain BBQing great food for everyone.
Oh how I love my big "Nerd"
Josh and I shared our birthday today. He just turned 8. Isn't he cute? He is such a great good and we love him and his mom Nicole.
Me and Nicole. She is so great!
Me and Nathan. He is so cute and sweetness just oozes from him. I love being his Aunt Jeanne.
What a fine looking couple.
Ben and Brandon. I'm sure you can tell he is not into having his picture taken these days but as you can see from the food all over his face, he enjoyed eating.
Ben tried hard to get Brandon to pose but he wasn't having it. The funny thing is when we were done trying to take his picture, I sat the camera on the table. Next thing we knew, Brandon had picked it up and was holding it saying Cheese, Cheese. I wonder where he could of learned that from?
Aunt Jeanne let Brandon enjoy the spatula and as you can see, he really enjoyed it. However, I think he was a little confused because he kept trying to chew the rubber. It was cute.
Brandon and Mommy (Sommer)

Me and Sommer. She is one of my very BEST friends and I just love her!
Ben and I with Giles and Lani. We love having them stay here at our house. Lani is so funny and she keeps us on our toes. She especially likes to garden with Ben. One funny story about Lani was when they first started living with us. She picked up on the fact that I sometimes call my husband Benny Boo. (lame as it may be, that's his nickname) Next thing you know Lani needed something from Ben and she said "Benny" can you please help me. The things kids pick up on. We all had a good laugh.

I just love this picture. This is the mouth off of Josh's alligator cake.
Josh trying to be as scary as his alligator. He is one funny kid.
All in all, we had a wonderful evening. I sure did miss my family though! I can't wait to come see them all in July. Ben and I are so excited to come to Utah. It should be a great time for everyone.



2 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

I'm so sad we missed it...I was so looking forward to being there. Happy Birthday!

Sommer said...

yay, I enjoyed reading your updated blog, keep it up Jeanne, you are doing wonderful. I just love you Jeanne, and you are not allowed to ever leave me by the way, just so you know.