Today Ben had a work BBQ. It is always fun for me to go and see him in his work environment.
This particular day was what I have dubbed "give Ben a compliment day". The commander of the band pulled me aside to personally tell me what an AMAZING job Ben did on his solo on tour. He told me Ben was a dedicated man and a pleasure to be around. He told me he works harder than anyone he knows and he is a very determined individual. I know many of you are not familiar with the Army and how things work but coming from the commander is a BIG deal! Another one of his band mates told me how much he appreciated being around Ben. He is always positive and has a way of looking on the bright side of things. He also thanked Ben for his good attitude and for making difficult situations a little better. What can I say? My husband is WONDERFUL and it is easy to go on and on about him.

This is Ben's Squad Leader,
Sargent Avant who is leaving and going to Texas. He has been a great leader and example to Ben. He really helped him when he first got to the Band and we will always appreciate all he has done.
The Army honored him for his great leadership and service to this Unit

Ben and I in the Band Hall. Aren't we so cute?
Wednesday evening I went to find my husband in the garden where he usually is in the warm months. To my surprise this is what I found. All of the neighborhood kids had gathered around Ben to help him "Plant"
I think more plants got stepped on than planted but my ever patient husband allowed everyone to help. I think they all had a good time!
Our Neighbor Nicole and Josh. She was playing around and had no idea I had already snapped the picture. hehehe
Nicole and Josh have been taking the missionary discussion and have a date set to be baptized in June. It has been so great to get to know them better. It has also been great to share the gospel with them. Ben and I feel so blessed that the Lord has chosen to use us as an instrument with missionary work. We have been able to share the gospel so much since we have left Utah and another baptism makes us truly rejoice. It is wonderful to see peoples lives become better as their understanding of God's love for them grows. We LOVE you Josh and Nicole!
2 comments:
I love that picture of you and Ben...you look beautiful.
wow Miss Jeanne, you have been a busy girl today, yay for the posts. yes Ben is a very good man and I'm glad you ahd fun the the barbecue.
Post a Comment