Here is the recent photoshoot I did of Joseph.
Let me tell you how much harder it is to take a picture of your own child. Especially when they are not in the MOOD
and trust me...Joseph was not in the mood.
Joseph is really starting to adjust to living in the States.
The culture is so different from that of Japan.
I am so proud of him and his accomplishments.
Learning English has been a challenge for him but he is doing AMAZINGLY well.
He has brought much laughter to this home.
He is very witty and smart.
He also is adorable when he trys using his English.
Just yesterday he said to his Dad, "I want KFC"
I asked him, "What is the magic word that follows?"
His reply, Kentucky Fried Chicken.
He now knows the magic word is please.
Yesterday I gave Joseph his first experience with POP ROCKS!
One of my favorite things as a kid. (as an adult as well if truth be told)
Only thing, I didn't prepare him for what would happen.
I wish I had a video camera. I am still laughing today.
He told me, Danger, Danger mom. I am going to die. My throat has closed off.
So mean. But I must admit that it was worth the laugh.
Joseph is loving school
He has many friends.
He is a natural whiz at Math.
Science on the other hand brings frustration and tears.
Apparently Science in the States is 2 years ahead of Japan.
Not to mention that many of the words do not translate.
But he still hangs in there.
Joseph will begin soccer in a month.
He is so excited. It is all he wants to do.
I must admit that I can't wait to go to his games and watch him play.
Life with a teenager has it's challenges. I often wonder if I was that moody at that age.
Happy one minute, mad the next.
And showers, lets talk about the fights to take a shower.
Why do boys think they don't stink?
Even though we have had some major adjustments...
Laughter keeps us going.
Jospeh continually makes Ben and I laugh.
Plus he loves hugs and all the attention he can get.
He especially loves time with his dad. Getting his hands in the tools and being outside together.
After school he enjoys coming home and telling me about his day.
I have learned that girls at his school are "not good company to keep"
PE is really hard, (he doesn't like push ups) and American teachers are way nicer than
any he had in Japan.
All in all. Life is good. We enjoy being a family.
Best of all we can't wait for what life brings next.



2 comments:
Oh I love these posts! He sounds like such a fun boy to have in your family!
I'm glad that you guys are having a good time together. I know how much you and especially Ben wanted to get to know him better.
Post a Comment