Sunday, June 7, 2009

Get me OUTTA HERE!

One thing that we have to do here in Texas is to have them come spray once a month for spiders and scorpions. Apparently they are very common in our area and I don't want to take any chances. I made my appointment with the bug man and on Thursday they came to spray. Luckily we had a visitor at the same time. Guess who came to visit in the backyard.....





Yep, a BIG lovely tarantula. I was freaking out! Wouldn't you?

Anyway, he couldn't out last the spray and poison. He died quickly in the backyard and I am not so sad to report there was no burial service for him. I was doing the Hallelujah dance!


Let's pray that he is our last visitor for awhile. Plus this didn't help in the quest for me to grow to love El Paso.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

EW EW EW, he is so gross!!!!!!

Keely said...

That is the ugliest spider I've ever seen...POOR YOU! But really Jeanne....we have tarantualas too. And rattlesnakes. And skunks. And deer. And gophers.
Do you think there will be ugly spiders in heaven????!!!

HeavenlyHome said...

NO NO NO......YUCK!!!!!

Sommer said...

oh my gosh, I would have died right then and there, seriously!!! Oh my gosh! As nasty as that is (and I had Ben and Carlos look at it too, and they are totally grossed out) I would have probably peed my pants laughing so hard at your reaction, I wish I could have seen it!

mom2beachbums said...

I read this the other day and thought OK that is one critter I have yet to notice here in south tropical TX and I'm not kidding a few hours later a friend here in town posts a foto of a big ol tarantula crawling across the street! Aaack I thought we just had the snakes, roaches, & scorpions. Hope the bug treatments keep em permanently away for you!!

Ashley said...

I would have peed my pants. The bags would have been packed and I would be out the door before the bug man arrived. Oh Jeanne! You need to come back to where there are no such creatures!

Hampstead Young Women said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I would have died. I freaked out when a wasp got into my house today.