Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Were Home!

So here is a picture of our new house. We have 2 levels. Three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room and a 2 car garage. Ben, being the manly man that he is LOVES his new garage. We also have a shed in the backyard. We LOVE the house and it already feels like home. It is strange having no grass but we are learning to deal.

Ben was so so excited that he could already plant in winter because it is in the 80's here. He got busy planning and planting and I can't wait to see the end result. He is a fantastic gardener.


This is our HUGE back yard. We have some great ideas for the place. I am so excited because the yard is perfect for picture taking. I am so excited about that.

Also, our back yard. This is from our balcony. One thing about all that dust here in El Paso is that it makes for beautiful sunsets.


Oh, did I mention we also have a basketball court in our backyard? It has been a lot of fun. Ben and I have a great time playing horse. Can't you tell we already feel at home? We have fed the missionaries twice already and they LOVE it when dinner isn't ready on time so they can have a little fun throwing the ball around.
I miss Maryland but I am learning to love Texas. The people are so kind. More importantly, we feel such joy and peace seeing Heavenly Fathers plan in all this. The Spirit has confirmed to us this is where the Lord would have us be and we are excited to see what he has in store. We are truly blessed and the Lord has given us many reasons to Count our Blessings! When is the last time you counted yours?




5 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

OH, my gracious, friend...it is gorgeous!!!! How very very exciting!!!! LOVE all the pics...the back yard looks like museum grounds or something, very cool for pictures, indeed! And yes, I am excited to see what your gardener/hubby does, too! Wish we could send my boys over to play Basketball when I'm fixing dinner....whew.....the Lord is so good! Joy and Blessings all around!

Sommer said...

Wow your house is so beautiful and big! I can't beleive how big your back yard is!!!! How wonderful for you guys!!! Man what I wouldn't give for a 2 car garage...... =) I miss you!

Keely said...

Okay...you were right...your backyard is HUGE!! I love it! It will be perfect for taking pictures. Throw a little colorful flowers to the mix and it will be a little heaven on earth. :)

Ashley said...

I am so jealous that you're wearing capris in the winter. It is just not fair.

The Pierce Family said...

It looks wonderful! I'm so excited for you and Ben and so glad that you posted pictures. Miss ya and love ya, friend!