So 34 hours of driving is bad enough but add 2 cats, a dog, my father, brother, a husband and me and I am surprised we made it to El Paso alive. The picture of Nala below pretty much sums up how we all felt at the end of the trip. A little grouchy but an adventure none the less.
Doesn't she look ticked?
The only place that Priss seemed to find comfort was when we got to the hotel and she was able to sneak her way into my dad's suitcase.
We are so grateful to my dad for coming out and driving the UHAUL the whole way. It was a monster of a truck. He took his vacation to help us out. My brother even came along for the ride. Thank you Papa Bear! I appreciate you!
It is always hard saying goodbye to old friends and make new ones. Adjusting to a new place has been harder than I thought it would be. I know it will just take time. People here are so, so nice and I know we will make friends but let me just say that El Paso is a world of it's own. We are the minority. We definitely need to learn Spanish or we may never know what anyone is saying. It is also odd to drive on the freeway and see one side as the good ole USA and then look the other direction and see a big fence and then poverty (Juarez Mexico). I am still getting used to that.
Well, be sure to stay posted. We will post pictures of our new home and some beautiful sunsets. One thing is for sure, I have never seen more beautiful sunsets as I have here in El Paso.

6 comments:
I'm so glad you survived the trip and are there safe and sound! I don't envy you having to get used to yet another place and ward and way of life, but you always find the fun in the adventure and will be such an asset to that ward just as you've been to all the wards you've been in. It must be crazy living so close to the border. And I bet the great sunsets are in part due to all the dust, so I guess there's one good reason there's a lot of dust! Hope you feel better soon! Love ya!
;0( I miss you! I'm glad you're safe and I can't wait to hear how things are going.
Welcome to TX! I just LOVE your first pic of your cat. You can totally see her mood! Sorry about the dust, hopefully there's something that can help!
I'm so glad you posted...I miss you!!!! I can't wait to see some pics of your new place. Know that I'm thinking of ya!
I miss you so much!!!!!!!!!! Come back to me!!!!! I'm am glad that you are safe and that you are getting settled in though. Love you tons!
I can't wait to see pictures of your new place...it sounds just so perfect for you guys.
I'm glad you got there safe and sound :)
Post a Comment