Happy Birthday Mom! What are you, 40?
It sure is hard on days like today being away from family.. My parents are celebrating my Mothers birthday right now at the Bambara Room in the Hotel Monaco , Salt Lake City. As I sat in Maryland eating my grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner I had dreams of Bambara dancing in my head (it is my favorite place to eat). Anyway, more than that I miss being able to be with my Mom today. I would have given anything to have been able to hug her and sing Happy Birthday in person. Since that wasn't possible....this little tribute will have to do.
Some facts about Debbie Jean Parr:
She totally looks 40 (or younger) but trust me....It is not her age.
She would give the shirt off her back to anyone who needed it.
She loves her dog Chewy more than anything. (even us kids, ok so maybe it's a toss up).
She loves fries from Del Taco.
Kids of all ages love her. The neighborhood kids often refer to her as Aunt Debbie.
She has a contagious laugh.
After she spends time with her sister, Colleen, she calls me Colleen for a week. Who knows why, we aren't really anything alike.
She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES ice cream.
She loves to read.(I got that from her)
She can do ANYTHING! I mean anything people. She once built an addition on the back of our house. Just a funny little note to add...her and my father have to chose a boss before they start a project or otherwise it is a disaster and they will argue.
Most importantly she is good, kind, funny, loving and I am glad she is my mother.
Happy Birthday Mom. You have been on my mind all day. Before you go to bed tonight just imagine me there with my arms around you...giving you the biggest hug possible. Thank you for teaching me how to work hard, to always forgive, and to love everyone by loving and serving the Lord. I miss you! Jo

4 comments:
*sniff, sniff* What a beautiful mom you have there....like mom, like daughter! I hope she has a wonderful birthday and great year ahead. Abrazos to you for being away from your sweet momma.
Happy Birthday Debbie! I hope it was as terrific as you are! :)
Holy Cow! I can't believe how much the two of you look alike. You look more like sisters than mother and daughter. I'm sorry you missed her so much. It looks like I was at home eating toasted cheese and tomato soup too! When you move in January (or is it February) will you be closer to your family? I can't imagine living so far away. I already have a hard time with Sommer so far away.
Ok, when it's my birthday will you write something so lovely about me! That was darling...and so are you!
Post a Comment