Saturday, March 20, 2010

Firsts

Well the last several months have been a lot of "Firsts" for our family. Becoming a first time mother to a teenager has taken some adjustment. I have never been so tired in my life. I also have never felt so much joy and love for a child. Joseph has been a wonderful addition to our family and I can't imagine life without him. It often makes me think of Tomoyo (Josephs mom) and the great sacrifice she has made to have Jospeh live with us here in the States. We have been so blessed to have the chance to help raise this fine young man.
Ben has not seen Joseph since he was 1 so we have completely enjoyed the time spent bonding and spending time together. Here are some of the firsts we have experienced.
Our first meeting at the SLC airport

First picture with the grandparents in 11 years

First hugs

The first time trying to communicate without Tomoyo translating. Thank heavens for google translate.
Joseph did not know any English when he came here but in the last 3 months he has come a long way. The poor kid is a trooper. He has been so overwhelmed but he keeps plugging along. He is really starting to use his English and we are so proud of him.


First picture with his cousins his same age.

More first pictures with cousins.


And more and more pictures. Poor Joseph was so sick of having his picture taken. He has gotten used to it now and is a much better sport about it.

Our first trip to Temple Square with Joseph.

Our first Christmas.



Our first New Years.


Our first sand angels. (you see here in El Paso we have to improvise....since there is no snow we go to a place called White Sands and pretend it is a White Christmas. If it wasn't for the blazing heat...I might be able to convince myself)




Our first time sledding at White Sands.

Our first family vacation.

More of our vacation. I must say we are a cute family.

First Father and Son photo.


Our first family photo.
We are looking forward to years of more firsts.


























































































































2 comments:

Becky J. said...

Wow, what a great list of firsts! I am sure having Joseph come stay with you has rocked your world and been the best thing ever all at the same time. He definitely couldn't have asked for a better "crazy American mom" to come to, though. You are amazing, Jeanne, and I'm so impressed and happy for you. I just want to meet him now! Keep it up and know how much you're loved!

Dan Lawyer said...

Thank you so much for posting all of these pictures. I've been dying to get to know Joseph better. This really helps me feel the connection.