Thursday, December 3, 2009

Miss Me?

Anyone miss me? I sure hope so. I have missed keeping in touch with all of you. As many of you may or may not know. El Paso has been the dark Abyss for me. The good news is the light is starting to shine on through.
It is no secret that I have had a hard time adjusting to life next to the border but I feel like after 10 months I am finally getting my barrings. That has also included having a bit of an attitude adjustment and then just making the decision to be happy. After all, I have my health, my hubby and the Lord. Right? I also have to give the people here in the Lone Star State some credit. I really have never met kinder people than we have here.
So let's bring you up to date in Life with the Lawyers the past few months....
October, Ben and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. He surprised me with a weekend away in Reidoso, New Mexico. It was beautiful there and we loved seeing the fall foliage and the beautiful fall colors. He took me to a romantic cabin and we had a great time. It is always nice to get away.
Here are some of our favorite pictures.

Can you believe I was able to get this close to a deer? I must admit I was a little scared.




The picture above is my FAVORITE!


The end of summer beginning of fall is all about football here in El Paso. These people are CRAZY! After school starts everyone attends the high school football games even if they don't have kids attending there. Even the little kids get in on the action and let me tell you they take this stuff way serious. Some of our good friends have their kids involved. It is a family affair. Dad coaches, son plays, mom is the cheer coach and both daughters are cheerleaders. We went to a lot of the games and I had a great time watching the fans. It was CRAZY!







They have the kids do this before every game. I am serious. It is insane.


My good friend Anne and one of our YW from church. Erika.

A few weeks ago Ben and I had a great time taking the Laurels from our ward down to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the BYU game. Our bishop, tons of ward members and the Mia Maids and Laurels all went to the game. I have to say it was the BEST time. We took the girls to the tailgating party and then to Deseret Book after the game. We have AMAZING youth in our ward. Ben and I completely enjoyed ourselves.


I just love this picture of Ben. He is such a nerd. But he is my nerd and I would have it no other way.





Aren't we so cute?

I recently enrolled in a cake decorating class with a couple of friends from the ward. Let me just say that decorating a cake is much harder than it looks. Me and roses. We don't really get along but I am determined to conquer the rose. I am confident that with continual practice you will soon be able to tell that it is a rose I actually made. For some reason they look more like carnations.

This was my first cake. Don't look to close and it doesn't look half bad.


My second cake is below. Stay tuned for more to come.



Thanksgiving was low key and wonderful. Ben marched in the parade that morning while I stayed home and got dinner ready. We had our friend Sharon and her kids over. Her husband was just deployed to Iraq last week so we were glad to be able to spend the holidays with them. She has become my dear friend.

We had all the trimmings and were way full by the end of the day.


The kids had fun playing dress up and playing with the dog.

Even Hero got lucky and got to lick all the pan from the turkey. Yummy!
It has been strange getting ready for Christmas with no snow. I have been looking at peoples blogs. Seeing them in coats and wondering to myself....why is everyone bundled up. It is so warm outside. I have been in capris and tee shirts till this week.....
Then came the STORM!

This was the record breaking snowfall that we had earlier this week. They haven't had snow like this since 1931. We have another cold night tonight but by next week we should be back in the 60's. I must say. I do love the sunshine but it was nice to have some snow just in time for the Christmas Season!

Well that about sums it up. Nothing too exciting but I can't wait to get caught up with everyone and their blogs. I hope everyone has a great Christmas season. Make it count.











































































































































































































































































































































































































































































7 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

YES!!! Of course we missed you! I sure hope you are back for good! Great job on the cake,the friends, and the snow!!! Can you send some our way!?!?

Jake & Bev said...

It was good to hear what you guys have been up to. I am jealous of your warm weather. Keep the posts coming!

Sommer said...

Yes I did miss you very much, no more slacking on your bloggin young lady! It was soooo good to see pictures of you. You look so beautiful! I love you!

mom2beachbums said...

I have and Dallin always asks about you guys!! I so enjoyed your happenings and all your pictures!! Girl you have one gorgeous smile! I LOVE the pics of you and Ben. Please dont disappear again!! Hope you have a wonderful month!

The Pierce Family said...

Of course we all have missed you...plus I miss talking to you on the phone. But you know my aversion to phones..it takes me awhile to get on that dang thing. Love all the pictures! Talk soon, ok?

Becky J. said...

Yes I've missed you! Not that I've been very good at keeping up with people's blogs lately, either, but it was good to finally get on hear and read your post. And to hear that you're having Ben's son come live with you soon, too, is amazing! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! Love you!

Ashley said...

I was wondering if you had the snow that we heard about! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not go that long without blogging again. I have been wondering about you! I loved the pictures (as always). Tim was very impressed with the deer photo and jealous to hear about the BYU game.
Miss you!