As many of you know the lovely El Paso sand and dry dry desert has left a lot to be desired for this East Coast girl. It is difficult to find living green plants. My husband is much better at finding the beauty all around but me...not so much.
After much research and suggestions from friends Ben decided to take me to Cloudcroft. It is a few hours from our house. I can't say that I was too excited for the drive but he assured me it would be well worth the wait and it would be like leaving El Paso behind and being in the Utah Mountains. Well I couldn't turn that down so off we went on our journey and I was not disappointed. It was beautiful. Pine trees and everything. Who would of ever thought I would be so excited to see so many trees.
I brought my camera and I was ready to take pictures. I got it out ready to get busy and realized I left my CF card for the camera at home. Boy was I upset. I'm a photographer and I can't even remember to check and see if I have everything? Anyway, on the way out there was this spot with and AMAZING view. Ben and I decided to make the best of the situation and we pulled out our cell phone and used that camera. Not the best picture. When I was ready to give up we met the Nans. The were a cute couple that was touring the US in their RV. He had a nice Nikon camera and we got to talking. He was kind enough to take some pictures of Ben and I and email them to us. I was so grateful to meet such wonderful people. Plus now you all can see the wonderful view.
Enjoy!
After much research and suggestions from friends Ben decided to take me to Cloudcroft. It is a few hours from our house. I can't say that I was too excited for the drive but he assured me it would be well worth the wait and it would be like leaving El Paso behind and being in the Utah Mountains. Well I couldn't turn that down so off we went on our journey and I was not disappointed. It was beautiful. Pine trees and everything. Who would of ever thought I would be so excited to see so many trees.
I brought my camera and I was ready to take pictures. I got it out ready to get busy and realized I left my CF card for the camera at home. Boy was I upset. I'm a photographer and I can't even remember to check and see if I have everything? Anyway, on the way out there was this spot with and AMAZING view. Ben and I decided to make the best of the situation and we pulled out our cell phone and used that camera. Not the best picture. When I was ready to give up we met the Nans. The were a cute couple that was touring the US in their RV. He had a nice Nikon camera and we got to talking. He was kind enough to take some pictures of Ben and I and email them to us. I was so grateful to meet such wonderful people. Plus now you all can see the wonderful view.
Enjoy!

2 comments:
Lovely to see your smiling face!
yay finally a new post!!!! I love you!
Post a Comment