So our life is finally getting settled here in El Paso. We actually have something to blog about other than unpacking and adjusting. This has been our hardest move yet but one thing is for sure. I have never met more kind, helpful people as I have here in El Paso.
Easter weekend I was able to attend one of Ben's "GIGS". They marched in an Easter Parade. I went with my friend Andrea and her three kids. Andrea and I joked pretty hard because it wasn't anything like a Utah parade. I don't even think we saw one float. We decided to call it an Easter Political March since all that seemed to be in the parade was candidates for local offices. However, I must say that the Army Band was wonderful. The best in the parade.

This is Ben's life here in the Fort Bliss Band. He plays the sax. It hasn't been his favorite thing. He really misses playing his bassoon. He is trying his best to stay positive and find time to practice his bassoon so he can get his Charlie 1 and what that means to us is that he can move to the type of band he desires.

Easter Sunday, my friend Ann invited Ben and I to her home for dinner. It was so nice to be around people and have somewhere to go since all of our family is in Utah. The meal was delicious and the company was even better.

My new friends, Tiffany and Ann. They are sister in laws and have lived next door to each other for 15 years. It is nice to finally have some friends and be able to get out and do some fun thing.
Easter morning my hubby was as cute as ever and surprised me with a wonderful breakfast and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was such a treat. Church was wonderful and I appreciated the time to be able to sit and reflect upon the resurrection and the love our Savior has for each of us. I have such a strong testimony of the atonement and our Savior, Jesus Christ. He has risen! He is our brother, our Savior, and our King.

4 comments:
I"m glad you are adjusting and getting to do more fun things. THat picture of you with the kids is such a cute picture. OH yeah and Brandon had me draw an Aunt Jeanne Lion today on the sidewalk... don't ask...
I'm happy that you have made some new friends and getting used to being a Texan! Maybe next year you can change up the parade and show them how it's really done! Have you started your photography business yet?
I'm so glad things are settling down for you. It won't be long until you'll be the one having the dinners with lots of people over...you're so great at that stuff!!
BTW....I'm so sorry it's taken so long to call you back....it's been CRAZY BUSY around here. But I'm sooooo excited that you might be coming my way!!!
FINALLY! I'm so glad!!
Post a Comment