Saturday, January 24, 2009

We LIVE!

WE ARE BACK!
I have received many emails and calls about our where abouts on the blogging world. It is nice to know that we have been loved and missed. Between moving and our computer crashing it has been impossible to blog. So.....I am not even going to try to catch up. Our holidays were quiet and wonderful and then life has been non stop getting ready for our move to El Paso, Texas.

Before we move I wanted to take one last trip up to see my grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousins in Pennsylvania and Jamestown, New York. Especially since my pap has Alzheimer's. He is getting bad quickly and Ben and I don't know when we will get back this way again. This was an important and special trip for me to make and I LOVED every minute of it.


This is my Pap. I was so grateful to catch such a wonderful picture of him. He kept forgetting who I was but he remembered my mother from time to time. I kept asking him, do you remember who I am? Yes, he would reply. Really, who am I, I would ask? I just don't know he would say. It was heartbreaking to see him in this state. However, I have to admit he was pretty entertaining at times. Ben and I took him for a hamburger at Wendy's and he told us all about growing up and how he was going to go see his brother real soon. If that is true he will have to visit him in Heaven since he passed on some time ago.

My Pap sure loves his puppy. That dog is cute, spoiled and Loved, Loved, LOVED!





This is my namesake and granny. I believe this is one of the only pictures I have of her and I together. There may be one or two from my childhood but none that I have.



I know this post is full of pictures but I feel truly blessed to have gotten these photos and will cherish the afternoon I spent with my grandparents. I loved being with my Granny. Hearing about all the family history work she does and just spending time with her. I have not done this since I was a young child and I will keep this afternoon near to my heart.


That evening was just as special as we got together with my Aunt and Uncle, cousins and their children. My cousin Jeremy and I were so close as young children and I haven't seen him in over 25 years. Every time I have been out to visit he has been serving our country in Iraq. I was so excited to visit with him and everyone else. We laughed, played with the kids and just enjoyed one anothers company. I must say that my cousins have married some AMAZING women and they have AMAZING children. Hopefully I have talked some of them into joining the blogging world so that we can all stay in better touch. I must say that this night has to be one of my favorite evenings I have ever had. I just love my family.





This is one of the houses I grew up in. I remember it being yellow but other than that, it hasn't changed. It was so fun to see the old neighborhood and to have the memories come flooding back.


All year Ben and I have been waiting for snow. I especially have since I belong to a scrapbook club and we have done 2 BEAUTIFUL snow pages and I have no snow pictures to put on them. I was especially sad because I didn't think my chances of having snow pictures would improve once we got to Texas. What do you think?
Sooooo.........


Before we left, I made Ben pose for several pictures. He was a good sport for the most part but after the 5th or 6th shot he was done. Good thing we got some great shots BEFORE he lost his patience. Thanks honey.




Isn't he just so handsome? I just love this picture of him...almost as much as I love him.


4 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Welcome back! You were just trying to get me ready for your move when I will only get to see you online....because now I am really grateful you finally blogged!!

And I know I shouldn't covet, but oh I wish we were in that snow!!!

Sommer said...

Great pics, especially the last few of you both in the snow, so cute! I'm so glad you finally blogged!

Ashley said...

I LOVE your blog background! Way too cute. I enjoyed catching up with you and seeing all the pics. It was really neat to see the house you grew up in. I was mad that we didn't get as much snow in PA as you did in MD (very unusual), but I'm glad you got to play around in it before moving to TX!

Keely said...

Of course you are loved, and missed when you don't do your blogging duties :)... hehe!!

Those are really some wonderful pictures you were able to get. I love the one in front of the house you grew up in. It's neat to see it.

Love ya Jeanne-Jo!!